I know, I know. Fall doesn’t technically begin until September 22. But since classes started up for me this week, it’s basically fall in my mind. Plus, I completed my summer 2016 bucket list a while ago and would like some new goals to strive for.
I’ve been mulling over what to put on my fall bucket list for a few weeks now, and to be honest I’m still not fully satisfied with what I’ve come up with. I feel it’s not ambitious enough. I feel I can be doing more with my time. This list as it stands seems too easy to accomplish.
But I honestly don’t know of any other goals I’d like to add on this list right now, so I’m just going to give myself space to add new bucket list items when it’s appropriate.
Some of my biggest goals are to run a half marathon, write a poem every other day, and submit a piece of writing to a publication every two weeks. Those are big goals for me, especially because they’re both things I’ve failed at before.
But not this time! I’m going to stay accountable to achieving them and putting in the work necessary to succeed.
So, here we are! Let me know if there’s anything you think I should consider adding!
Fall 2016 Bucket List (short-term list, September – November)
- Train for a half marathon
- Take a Spanish class
- Learn how to speak in the past tense in Spanish without really thinking about it
- Hike a mountain and/or camp
- Go on a weekend trip away
- Write a poem every other day
- Submit one piece of writing to a publication twice a month
- Watch a New York Film Festival showing (tickets on sale Sept. 1)
- Attend Atlantic Antic (September 25)
- See a ballet
- Enjoy the Thompkins Square Park Halloween Dog Parade
- Go apple picking
- Catch a rooftop movie
- Meander through the Queens County Farm museum
- Continue active involvement in the fight for racial justice
- Do one thing that scares me every day for a month
I’d love to hear from you! Whats on your bucket list this fall?