WOW! I am so honored and thrilled that the lovely Melissa Manning nominated me for a Liebster Award! Am I lucky or what? Melissa is such a sweet gal blogging about college, music, and all things life, and I learned so much about her in her Liebster Award post!
For those of you that aren’t familiar with the blogging world (and lol who would ever take the time to get familiar with the blogging world if you weren’t a blogger), the Liebster Award is passed along between novice bloggers. It helps veteran bloggers learn about new blogs they may not have heard of before and creates more cohesiveness in the blogging community. Ain’t that a nice thing?
Everyone given the award is supposed to answer a few questions about themselves that the nominator asks. So this is officially my second Q&A post on fun facts about yours truly. Here we go!
1. What’s your favorite song currently?
I wouldn’t really say I have a favorite song at any given time. Normally I just listen to a bunch of random stuff. But I have been listening to a lot of Kanye West’s most recent album lately since I spontaneously went to his concert a couple of weeks ago.
2. Which Disney princess best matches you and your personality?
Fun fact: I wrote my college admissions essay on Ariel and how much I love her. She LOVES people and just wants to be around them, becoming a “part of their world.” Like Ariel, I enjoy being around and getting to know people so very much. Plus I keep a lot of stuff I don’t need, just like she does. 🙂
3. Do you have a pet? Tell me all about them! (If you don’t have a pet, what kind would you want?)
I don’t have a pet. 😦 It’s the saddest thing, actually. If I could have any pet I’d have a female Australian shepherd named Rey after the Star Wars character. Rey is such a badass and my dog would be a badass too.
4. What’s your favorite book?
You mean…I have to pick just one?! I can’t!!! Here’s my top picks of things I’ve read this year:
- Between The World And Me by Ta-Nehesi Coates
- Crazy by Pete Early
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Good Poems For Hard Times compiled by Garrison Keillor
5. What’s your favorite part about fall?
This is going to sound super cheesy, but fall makes me think of change. To me, fall is a world in transition, a place becoming something. And that sounds a lot like what it’s like to be human to me.
6. Name one thing on your bucket list.
This is far too hard! If you’ve been following this blog for a bit, you know I make a habit of crossing things off both my Fall 2016 Bucket List and my Lifelong Bucket List all the time. The biggest ones I’m working on right now are to run a half marathon, get 5 pieces of writing published in journals I’m not affiliated with, and learn Spanish, among many others! I finished my Summer 2016 Bucket List about a month ago.
7. What’s something that’s unique about you?
Uniqueness is a funny quality. I’m not quite convinced it fully exists because there’s always many other people that have the same qualities or attributes I have. I guess I’d say the characteristic I’m most proud of in myself is my desire to squeeze every last drop out of life. I think it helps me live well.
8. Coffee, tea, or both?
Coffee in the morning but never after 1pm. Tea in the evenings with a good book and a candle.
9. If you could travel through time, what’s one place you’d want to visit?
I am fascinated by the 1920s! Many of my favorite nonfiction novels are by F. Scott Fitzgerald, William Faulkner, and Ernest Hemingway – I just love the idea of a Lost Generation boiling with disillusionment. Isn’t that grim?
10. What’s one piece of advice you’d want to give to someone?
Ask why. Ask it firmly and perpetually of yourself, others, and institutions. And when you get the answer, ask the answer why, too.
- Emily at Love Emily
- Jen at Beauty Life Mom
- Caroline at Caroline Meg
- Crystal at Sharing Solace (would love to see a video!)
- Jalisa at Jalisa Wright
My questions for you lovely folks:
- What’s the #1 thing you want to cross off your bucket list this year?
- What does a good friend look like?
- Tell me about the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- Who is your hero and why?
- Where is your happy place? Describe it for us!
- What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned in the past year?
- What does success mean to you?
- This is important: what’s your favorite flavor of Skittle?
- If you could send one message to a large group of people, what would it be?
I’m looking forward to what you all write!