Happy 2017, friends! Last year was such a ride, and I’m excited to see what 2017 has in store.
And of course, I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t have goals for the year. If you’ve been following this blog, you’re probably like, duh Amanda. Goals are like, who you are. You are made of goals. Goals basically fall out of your ears.
Um, thanks? I’m not really sure if that was a compliment or an insult, but if I say thanks maybe that means it’s a compliment. Ahem.
Anyway. So it’s the new year and that means everybody is setting goals. People are trying to lose weight, make amends with others, travel more, cuss less, or generally improve their lives in any way they feel is best for them.
The trouble is staying with it. We have ideas about how to better ourselves or our experiences, but when the going gets rough we sometimes fall off the path. And we love to talk about that, too. The media is all about how people with aspirations to lose weight are gonna join the gym this year, attend super regularly for a while, and then stop going come the middle of February.
We all hit walls. It happens. But running into roadblocks doesn’t mean we have to stop. Success is all about setting the right goals, making the best plans, and thinking ahead to when it’s going to get hard to keep going. We have to set ourselves up to win.
We’ve talked about what it takes to prepare ourselves for success. Around here we don’t just talk about goals during New Years because we think about them all year ’round. That being said, we’ll take any excuse, including the passing of January 1st, to set our sights on bigger things and make plans to reach them.
So I’m posting links to all the best resources for goal setting, plan making, and roadblock overcoming here in the hopes that you find something to inspire you with whatever big dreams you have for the new year. You can do it. 2017 is yours.
Posts To Help Us Set Goals For The New Year:
- 9 Kinds Of Life Goals To Consider For Fuller Living
- How My Bucket Lists Have Helped Me Live My Best Life [And A Major Strategy For Making Them]
Posts To Help Us Overcome Obstacles In The Way Of Our Goals:
- 3 Habits That Get In The Way Of Reaching Our Goals [And Ways To Combat Them!]
- Overcoming Fear: How To Combat Goal Achievement Paralysis & Reach Our Dreams
General Posts About Goal-Getting:
- 5 Strategies To Guarantee You Accomplish Your Bucket List Goals
- A Practical Guide To Accomplishing “Impossible” Goals [Plus A Free Worksheet!]
A few questions for you:
- What are your New Years resolutions?
- What’s important to you about setting goals?
- What are you going to do differently this year than you did last year to achieve your goals?
Once again, Happy New Year! Let’s go get it.